Monday, December 21, 2015

8. The sounds of Xmas.

Xmas in my part of Australia is usually warm to hot, this was taken yesterday afternoon. I say usually rather than always because tomorrow they're predicting rain and tops under 20 degrees (Celsius). 
I must admit I like a cool Xmas morning, going for a walk before 6am and listening to the silence, the human silence anyway. 
The birds are usually up, and if inclined the chorus of these...






Cicadas. 

I think, after googling, this is called a red eye. It's after 8pm now and it's dark, and every now and then there is a resurfacing of their usually daylight song just to let us know they'll be back tomorrow. 
I was trying to describe what they sound like here, maybe pouring dried peas into a saucepan?
Yay, we know it's Xmas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment