Tuesday, December 22, 2015

12. Melody Ellison

Almost a week ago pictures were leaked of the first book cover for the next American Girl Beforever (historical) doll. I only just became aware of this. I still don't  know how to post links so if you google Melody Ellison you'll find her, well her book cover anyway. 
How exciting.

There will now be speculations everywhere, well more than there already is (outfits have already been leaked and now story lines) and probably for another 7 months - she's expected for official release in August. 

So far we have two face molds used on the African American characters. Addy and Sonali. 
My Trinity is a Truly Me #26, she is an Addy mold with medium skin tone. 

Whilst Mercedes is a number 46 with a dark Sonali mold. 



Unfortunately the fabric body of the dolls do not match the colour of their vinyl. I would even suggest that Mercedes is lighter than Trinity's, even though she has the darker vinyl. 
I have not yet had the privilege of an actual Addy or Sonali to see if these dolls were matched better than the Truly Me ones (actually my girls were sold as My American Girls). 
Hopefully Melody, considering how important she is, will have had more care taken in this area. 
So will she be medium or dark? I'm leaning medium based on the bookcover and the contrast in hair colour to her skin tone,  and because Addy is of the dark vinyl. I don't mind either way. 
I'd like to see a new face mold altogether, but if that doesn't happen I imagine that unless they retire Addy they'd use the Sonali mold -seeing as Cecile had this and has been retired. 

Side part straight hair. I wonder if it will be textured. Appears to be just below her shoulder in length. 

So we'll see more as time goes by. In the meantime it's Xmas, then it's Lea and a whole big bunch if wait and see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment