Thursday, December 31, 2015

30. Happy New Year.

The luxury of being on holidays means you can sleep in, sometimes for several days at a time

Oh, you still in bed Maddie?
Yep I'm on holidays. 

What's up?
Nothing, I was just coming to wish you a happy new year. 
What?
Yep it's December 31, already. 
No, no, I was supposed to go to a party with Andy for New Years. 
Well there's still time is just after 8. 
Ah! He was coming about 8.30. 

Ugh what a mess. I need to tidy up. 
I'll help you if you like. 
Thankyou. 

I even wrote a note so I wouldn't forget. 

What will I wear?

How about this?
Ooh where'd you get that?
A little op shop somewhere. 

Wow Maddie you look all grown up. 
Oh

Catherine
Yes Maddie. 
Andy and I have been talking about progressing, you know, midnight and all. 
Yes, I know. It's ok, it's kind of exciting actually. 
We're going slow, like letting the clock go forward, one minute at a time. 
Like real time. 
Yes. 
Are you okay with it?
Hhhhh, I think so. I'm a bit scared actually. 
It'll be alright I reckon. We will still be here, hey it's been 5 years, you and me, your turn to start getting the wrinkles. 
What?
Hahaha, I've got no idea. I don't think I've had any dolls that've aged before. I'm not sure who yet, but I think some of the others want to progress as well. I don't know how it works. Whether its all or by choice.  So you're not alone okay. Besides that Andys a good sort, you'll at least have him. 
Hmmm, yeah. 

I'll just put this Xmas stuff away, ooh I think I heard a knocking at the door. Might be Andy. 
Catherine would you mind letting him in, I need just a minute. 
Sure thing. Have a good night okay. 
Yes. 

Skate board and lego folder, you're coming too you know. 

Hey Andy. 
Oh hi Catherine, is Maddie still ok to come out tonight. 

Yes. She's just getting a little reassurance about your decision tonight. 
Ah, yeah, understand. I'm a bit nervous too. 
You'll both be fine. You've got each other, and well I'm kind of an expert on aging, I've had a bit of practice. 
Ah hahahaha. Thanks. 
It doesn't all have to be serious. Heck I'm 42 and I still play with lego. I'd look at it like you can do stuff at certain ages, drive a car, get a job, go on the Old Age pension. 
Hahahaha, one day at time please. I was kind of thinking more about the driving and the job, than an early retirement. 
Exactly, and leave some space for a little silliness in your day. 

Hey Maddie. 
Andy. Hi. I'm just, 
Looking at things that are safe and comfortable?
Yeah. 
It's alright, man I hope there are still safe comfortable things after midnight. 

Wow look at you Maddie, you are gorgeous. 
Thankyou. I hope I look a little bit more grown up, 
It's perfect.

It is just a little warm for boots for me, so I'm in sandals. 
I've got the boots one last time for 2015, just don't look too close, I'm wearing 3/4 pants. 
Hahahaha

Ooh what's that?


Ah, the everyone gift. 
Hehehehe, I remember the look on your face when you saw that, I think you thought we were going to mob you. 
Yes, but I was gladly mistaken. 
I think we qualify as representatives of Everyone, let's open it. 

Ooh, a cardboard envelope. 

It's a book. 

Wreck this Journal Everywhere, by Keri Smith. 
Is it a novel?

Ooh, it looks like it might be a to do book




Snork, this might actually be fun. Give us something to do when we're out. 
The others might want to do it too. 

(Honk honk)
Ah, that's dad waiting in the car, you ready?
Yes. 

***********************************************


Happy new year!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment