Sunday, January 10, 2016

43. Food glorious food

I bought this, the Our Generation Retro, Bite to Eat Cafe. 

All boxed up it is large and heavy, 



It came with a handle ( I've pulled the first side panel of the box open, so it's slipped through the slot)

It didn't help beyond this point as I pulled and it wouldn't budge. The whole package was stuck well and fast and required a bit of tearing and stuff. I'd kind of hoped the box with its handle was save able for storing the diner for laters. But I wasn't careful enough. 

The food in its clear plastic was attached to floor matching cardboard I thought maybe could have been repurposed as extended flooring ( I had visions of a larger diner, kitchen, more seating, pool table (I have a doll sized one) dance floor space, new house and room for a pony) but well no

There was a lot of packaging, lucky it is recyclable and our pickup is this week and if you wear gumboots and can climb into your wheelie bin and stomp about a bit it will fit

Out of the box it actually looks little. I'll have to measure it and do more pics, later. 

Yummo. 
Most of the meal food is stuck on the plates or in the bowl

The sausages bacon and eggs are an exception. There's is also a loose hotdog and a build able burger

I like that you can see the straws in the soda

A cranky eyed sandwich

A stool, it looked a little small for a dolly bottom

But seemed to stand up even under Emily. 



More food

The order pad fell apart upon release, but does kind of look like it could be 4 little pads

Yay, cutlery that includes knives. And spare unfooded plates



I like the blueberry pie. I would have liked it to be cut into more pieces

Same with this ginormous cake.
(It does look like a Halloween prop)

One cup of coffee, cute little (fake) pencil, the red and white napkin in the fries is real paper

Rrrrr. Rrrrrr, woowoowoowoo
Monster sandwich

How the donuts compare, I bought a packet of erasers, the pink one and the light brown on its side, compared to the OG brown one with white sprinkles. Pretty close. 

And the eraser macarons. Maybe they're a little big. 

It is spacious behind the counter, Journey Girls Taryn. I'm thinking of putting it either against a wall in my room or in a structure. I really like the cake display unit. It can rotate with a wheel behind the counter. 
BFC ink Maddie a slimmer doll with knees that bend looks good on the stool. 

And I was surprised that an American Girl could sit at the table. 
Hehehe I played the music on the table top duke box, and both my cats ran away. I didn't recognize any of the tunes. There were 6. 


I'm thinking I will consult YouTube for makeovers on this. I'm not keen on the colours. So we'll see if when what happens. In the meantime dinners ready. 
I'll have a basket of fries and a piece of that cake. 

No comments:

Post a Comment