Friday, January 8, 2016

42. Princess & Me, second choice

Just before Xmas toys'r'us had a sale, the catalogue pictured more of the P&me dolls, I went to have a look to see if they had any of the others. 


The shelf I had found them on previously only had Ariel to offer, I still wasn't interested enough

And was leaving the store where just inside the door lo and behold there were more

Cinderella

Aurora

Belle. 
It was odd that only Belle was security tagged, maybe there were Gaston scares in the area. 

Cinderella is my favorite fairy tale and I'll be honest I was disappointed. It might be the ice pink lips, or too much forehead, or I've been ruined by Drew Gemma and Lily, I'm not sure but she just didn't say I'm Cinderella take me home.  Aurora seemed to have purple eyes in the shop, and it just didn't sit right with me, as purple eyes have become a defect in other doll brands (hearts for hearts). Her big fringe was also a bit of a put off. I'm so picky. Unfortunately Merida and Tiana weren't there. So, as you already know, Belle came home with me. 


Back of box, again the 'me' has been cropped out

Decorations on the box plastic, swirls and roses

Removing her from the box was easy, again paper twists securing her in including the big holes in her head


Rubber banding her hair to her arm

One thing more noticeable with Belle is the seams in her body. Mostly on her neck and shoulders because of the style of her dress.  Whilst the dolls are together, and you can't slip anything inside the body,  there is a definite channel on the join in her torsoe. Neck shoulders sides and crotch. 

The dolls have their ears pierced and the earrings can be removed. 


The hole size unfortunately is too small for them to wear American girl earrings, way too small for BFC ink doll earrings, and just too big for regular sized post human earrings. I've got a pair that I think we're used to pierce my ears about 20 year ago, the post is about double thickness to regular earrings they seem to fit fine without falling out.

The dress:

The dress is a very pretty yellow with glittery gold accents, rose shaped. It is only decorated on the front though. 

Gauzy material for the neck line and skirt ruffle. 

Two pink ribbons and a rose, a similar shade to her lip colour. 

Same shoes as Rapunzel, just in yellow. 

I have not noticed any staining on Belle yet. 

Hair:


Her hair is very soft, I haven't noticed any styling product. There are bands holding it in place. 


I found it easiest to use a pick on Belles hair, and this was the hair fall after first comb. 

Karito kids are around 21 inches tall. 

This is the picture of Belle on the video cover I have from 1993 (might be older than that)

Closer match I guess. 


They at least got the widows peak. 

I haven't worked out yet if or where Rapunzel and Belle fit in my family but I  happy with my purchase. I really would like to see Merida and Tiana in person someday. Tiana is less likely as we rarely get dolls of colour in Australia (Monster and Ever After high dolls don't count, I'm talking about natural colours). 

No comments:

Post a Comment