Saturday, October 29, 2016

190. Belville

In my search for the DIY house dwellers I visited one very pink building - the Hello Kitty house. It was quite a mess, the current residents had gotten a little lazy. 

I did manage to find this little lady. A Lego Belville figure from the 1990s. 

I think this was her original set as well, a chair a dressing table and a little white cat. 

What a shame. She measures 8cm tall or 8 lego blocks high ( those pictured are two blocks high a piece). 

Yep, nup just wanted to double check. 

Bel, hmm actually I'm not even sure that is her name, I'll have to check. The little girl is articulated, I'm going to call her a ball jointed doll. Her neck can go left right up down; shoulders can rotate and sit 90 degrees to her body; 


elbows can bend and rotate; wrists have some bend and can rotate and she has Lego minifigure grippy hands that actually have marks to show four fingers;  


Actually her hands are more realistic


 whilst it looks like her torsoe has a join at the waist I couldn't get it to move; her hips can swing her legs 90 degrees to her body forwards and maybe 45 to the side she can't do the splits in either 

direction, unless you accidentally pull her legs off ;0

the knees can bend and there is some rotation in the ankles. Her shoes are designed to fit on Lego pegs. She has tiny pin holes on the top of her shoes and another on the top of her head so she can add bows or a head band. 


Or even some other Lego headpieces. 

Her hair does not come off. She has a very cute face and makes me think of the little china girl from the not Alice in wonder land, Wonderland movie. 

Definitely taller than your regular Lego person. I do believe there were taller dolls in Belville representing adults. 

I googled, and Brikipedia knew what I was talking about. 
My little girl closely resembles Pamela or The Belville Girl but is otherwise unnamed from set number 5810 Vanity Fun



Now something recently caught my eye, other than the need for house occupants, that made me go looking for this doll. 
American Girl has released Mega Bloks sets that include what appear to be articulated figures. I wonder if they are similar?



No comments:

Post a Comment