Monday, October 17, 2016

182. A Spot of Bother, I mean Rain, by Our Generation.

It was sort of a regift, last Thursday a short visit with Anne Shirley (she lives at mumsy's house) saw the return of some things for us to use here. 
Well we didn't think it was going to be used for a while, whilst it was raining heaps on Thursday, it hadn't rained since until this morning. 
Mariana was keen to try the little set by Our Generation. A Spot of Rain. 

 

I don't have an OG doll (yet) but I find some of their accessories a little hit and miss for American Girl. The boots were the first thing, I like that they are a complete boot, no splits cut into the walls, means the puddles can be deeper. 

Mariana is marked as a Pleasant Company doll. I had socks on her feet in hope of assisting with the slide on, and a little concerned about red transfer to her legs, but after much ado and a bit of a Chinese burn we only managed the left foot. 

Sorry love. 

So my next victim, um volunteer was Emily. Emily was a My American Girl (2014).  

Left foot, right foots gonna take a bit longer. 

A spotted cat. 
Pull pull pull, woop, yay. 

A little plastic handbag, let's just hope it has drain holes as it doesnt have a cover. 


The coats right sleeve took a little patience getting over Emily's fingers, but overall the coat fit really well.  The hat fit well and had chin cord length adjuster to stop her pigtails popping the hat off. 

Snaps to close. 

Comfy fit. 

Do, do, do do do do do do do do.  
And the highlight, a real working umbrella. It didn't have a loop to keep it from falling open in this shot so I tied a little piece of ribbon round it. 




Wee Mary Poppins. 

Oh for articulated elbows. 

Meh maybe

Let's go outside. 

Looks good from behind. 

Doo-dloo-doo-doo-doo
Doo-dloo-doo-doo-doo-doo
Doo-dloo-doo-doo-doo-doo
Doo-dloo-doo-doo-doo-doo...
I'm singing in the rain
Just singing in the rain
What a glorious feelin'
I'm happy again
I'm laughing at clouds
So dark up above
The sun's in my heart
And I'm ready for love
Let the stormy clouds chase
Everyone from the place
Come on with the rain
I've a smile on my face
I walk down the lane
With a happy refrain
Just singin',
Singin' in the rain
Dancin' in the rain
Dee-ah dee-ah dee-ah
Dee-ah dee-ah dee-ah
I'm happy again!
I'm singin' and dancin' in the rain!
I'm dancin' and singin' in the rain...


1 comment:

  1. Good to see it fits! Singing In The Rain is one of my favorite movies.

    ReplyDelete