Tuesday, October 11, 2016

177. In some moment of madness I thought I'd try a DIY 1:12 kit home.

I was ebaying some months ago and a suggestion popped in. I fell in love with it and obsessed and finally decided to give it a go. 


Probably not the wisest thing for someone to try for the first time, especially seeing as I upscaled from Barbie as her things were getting too little for big hands.  So maybe with a little help from some smaller digits we may have some success. 

Doll enthusiasts Antoinette and Mariana , and new girl with a love for little houses, India. 

The set comes with almost everything, need a few tools. 


It even has two motors. 


The imagined one under the vw convertible, and the music box motor. 


Fortunately all the painting needed has already been done. 



Some of the pieces are very tiny, like lattice for example. So no paint required is great in my opinion. 

Any surfaces not painted have coloured paper to cover the bare wood. Tauralie has joined us. 


And it comes with a full colour instruction book, in English. 



Ooh, it even has a battery pack. The ad showing lights was not just for show. It really does light up. 

So the first few pages are showing the contents, and then the instructions start.  

Wiring here we come. 





3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see it finished! I have a single room that I need to finish up, just keep putting it off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Flo, it was your little room that inspired me to give it a go. We'll see how we go though, I've already made a wiring error with the length of the extension and having to cover it up somehow.
      Also am almost decided on trying to upscale the whole thing for American Girl sized dwelling, if only I had enough space.

      Delete
    2. That would be cool! I wish I could locate the lighting kits that come with these sets all by themselves, I wouldn't mind designing some of my own sets, but I've had absolutely no luck. I have one more kit (for a total of 3) that I haven't started at all yet, saving it for when I have more time. Good luck with yours! It really is a learning process.

      Delete