Sunday, October 16, 2016

178. Other peoples body parts, or What I did with some dolls I bought from Local sellers.

So, when I bought some local (Australian) sellers dolls, that is dolls that they have had manufactured for their unique doll site, I had intended to extend my doll family beyond the American Girl doll line, add some variation to my collection.
  
Number one arrived in a plastic mailing bag.  Fortunately she was not damaged. In the bag was this...




Nude dolly (by choice as I wasn't keen on the outfits they were selling her in), plus the outfit I liked.










Raccoon eyes



There was a smile in there somewhere. Her head seemed a little small. And her eyes were noisy. 



A new outfit and slightly too big hat. 



I'm here




Beautiful long caramel coloured hair. 
The hair is really lovely. (Fairly close to Marie Grace's colouring).

And look at these




They were not in the doll description, but wow, what a bonus. Are they French tips? (I think you can get them painted that way, or for those who rarely paint their finger nails, natural nail colouring with a coat of varnish)





Even the toe nails are done.





I kind of liked her, she didn't seem to be a modern girl though so she minded Tauralie's mediaeval dress, the Lady of Shalott.







Number two came in this bright pink doll box. 10 points for presentation, by comparison












an additional outfit I bought came in its own calico bag
















Loved the outfit, though the tank top straps are a little too close together. 

Unfortunately the excitement of something new died off pretty quickly and I felt a bit meh. Poppet just didn't look like a girl, and the hair came off with very little effort and the size of and misshapen hands just made me regret it. The pink outfit I still like though.




I know my human hands are not the same size, my right is larger, but I just couldn't get past the dolls difference. The left hand is larger and the right arm is longer and I was mean and cut it's hair and for now it's  been he'd and is sitting in the cupboard.




Should I be ashamed of myself?





So that was around February, I think.
Since then and my casual ebaying I came across this in September


 

Fair skin, dark blue eyes, pierced ears, and in really good condition. I was able to make an offer, and it was accepted, and so she arrived.

I'm still not 100% sure which Truly Me doll she was from, but I think she is #27

JLY27

So, you may or may not have guessed but, here goes, I would like to introduce you to Sadie Freya Strathfield-St.Paul








No comments:

Post a Comment