Tuesday, February 16, 2016

68. First day of school, of quizzes hats books pens and skateboards.

Good morning class

Good morning Miss Dawson (munch munch). 
Welcome to a brand new school year. I thought we'd start with a quick little quiz. 
Ow already? The room replied. 
Now class quizzes can be fun, it's not a test it's just a morning thing I like to do to get our brains started. It might be something different tomorrow like..
(Munch much) puzzles!
Yes puzzles, thank you Trinity. 

Does any one know how many days in a year?  
Yes Mercedes. 
365
Yes that's right

Does anyone know what is special about 2016? Yes Mercedes. 
It's a Leap year and the Olympics are on 
Yes that's right

And does anyone know what day occurs this year that won't occur next year?
Mercedes. 
February 29
Yes that's right, and..
It happens every 4 years. 
Thank you Mercedes. You've been very knowledgeable this morning. 
I like to know thing Miss Dawson. 

Well class let's start by getting our pens and books. Emily you can be the pens and pencils monitor this year. 
Cool. 



And trinity and Tzeitel can pass out the books. How about we use the spiral note books girls. 
(Munch munch)



Ooh mines a bit greasy. 

Antoinette was feeling a little dishevelled. Every time someone walked by her hat got knocked. 

Yes Antoinette. 
Would you mind if I out my hat somewhere. 
That's fine how about I put it in the reference room until recess. 



Yes Llewellyn. 
My hat is getting in the way Miss. 
I can put yours in the reference room too. 
Yes please. 


Whoa 

On Tzeitel are you alright?
I think so. 
Ace move Tzeitel!
Thank you Miriam. We might put your board in the reference room as well, okay.
Okay. 


Yes girls. 
Miriam's hat is in the way Miss. 




Let's do some mathematics

Yay. I can use my calculator. 

How about we try learning our times tables without that Mercedes. In case we need to know and we don't have one close by.  Here you take one and pass them back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment