Monday, December 26, 2016

203. Things that have come to stay at my place: A cutlery above the rest

When I'd bought the Our Generation kitchens I'd kind of hoped there had been cutlery included.


You do get a mixing spoon and measuring spoons if that can count as cutlery. 

I've been using these 

4" tiny spoons. I think they're horsdoevres spoons and forks, and cut the handles down as they were too long. I'd found them in a party supply store.

I think my ideal would be Kitchen Littles, just a little bigger. My KL left in the great Barbie stampede 2014/2015. 

So when by some luck these Our Generation sets appeared at the expensive department store David Jones and the just as expensive toy store Kidstuff just outside that department store I begrudgingly bought them....

RV seeing you camper accessory set
Packed for a picnic. 
(Retailed at $39.95 each at those shops, other sets they've sold at this price have been at Kmart Australia for half the price, but what's the chance they will ever turn up at Kmart? I decided to get them just in case they never do).

Cutlery!!!

 
Two sets in each, yes knives even. 
Look at these two toned lovelies from the picnic set
All red from the Camper accessories. Either set would look nice in my OG kitchens ( I have a couple). 
Yes I was excited, anyone would think they were doll shoes ( I do like a good pair of doll shoes - ones that fit the dolls OG hint hint). Of course I wouldn't have paid that kind of money if the sets only contained 6 pieces of cutlery, maybe if there'd been enough to cover each of my dolls plus a few guests, but there were a lot of other pieces in each set I wanted to add to my collection, duplicates accepted especially seeing as I have a large family. 

I just thought out of curiosity what American Girl did with their Gourmet Kitchen Set, catalogue October 2016


Um, a butter knife and metal forks and spoons (probably two each to match the crockery number). I don't think Maryellen got any cutlery to use for her TV dinners. 
The Adventure Popup Camper got a pair of metal sporks - that's clever. 


Looks like the hot lunch gets a fork
More forks
Lasagne Dinner set an Waffle Breakfast. 

So what else came with the OG cutlery?
RV Seeing You Camper Accessory Set

Yummo

Look at that burger, all the pieces can be rearranged, and look at that realistic-ish fruit









Packed for a Picnic






The basket is molded plastic.


Two working latches




The inside is plastic, but still looks great


love the mugs




corn chips


with a tag


all the food items fit inside the basket. The coffee pot is a little odd in my opinion. I think a thermos would have been a better choice for taking on a picnic.
the basket has a faux leather hinge.

No comments:

Post a Comment