Sunday, April 10, 2016

105. We have wood

Never quite happy to settle to any furniture arrangement for too long I've taken over, or rather taken back the spare room 

It's a bit of a mess at the moment and a work in progress, but the room had been needed to temporarily house some animal boxes that required safety from power cord chewing foxes, whilst a turtle pond was being constructed to give room that a fish tank was taking up elsewhere, and a partridge in a pear tree. 
So... it got me thinking about more doll houses and other constructions  (bigger school, cafe, shoe shop...) and that got me considering I should probably do over the pine pantry tower that Maddie's room is attached to

Because the current school room and the rooms immediately above it are a little dark from its shadow

And well the depth of the pine tower is really not deep enough for an 18 inch doll

It limits the way you can set furniture, for example a bed with posts needs at least 18 inches to fit the doll, allow for wiggle room and then the bed posts

I've got the big house at roughly 32 inches, giving room for a bed with wiggle room (Julie's canopy bed copy I did is around 23inches), and at the moment room for a bicycle. 
Turns out I've got about that much to work with (yay) before I start blocking the window to the left of Maddie's room. 

Andy sketched out some plans based on available space

And off to the hardware shop I went this morning and purchased me some timber. 


You saw that didn't you, it's broken but it was on the side of the road with the magic four letter F word. 
It's barbie size I think, and confessions, I still have me some barbies, so it's a maybe keeper do something with later. Hmm does anyone wants some boxes foxes pond dwellers or fish tanks?
I don't think partridges are in Australia unless you go to a restaurant, sorry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment