Sunday, April 3, 2016

103. On-the-go

I kind of didn't mean to win this ebayed outfit, but I didn't get outbid so tada it arrived. 

This is the American Girl 2005 On-the-go Outfit. For an 11 year old set it is in really good condition. I only noticed one issue and that was some of the pink outside of the shoes is coming off. 

So who'd like to try it on?

Me. 
Really Lauralee?
Yeah Mik, look how bright it is. It'll go perfect with our underwear. 

In case you're not aware the 2016 Girl of the Year Lea Clark came wearing some very bright undies. 

So bright it shone, and as it could be seen through the tights of Lauralee's spring Breeze outfit 


I had to go in search of some undies that weren't so vibrant. It's like funding a small country for genuine AG undies so I searched outside the AG advertisements and came across a seller who made them with intent for cabbage patch kids or baby born. As they seem to be from the same material as real undies (hopefully brand new ones) they have some stretch and fit American Girls perfectly/satisfactorily. 


I think Lea's undies are still brighter than the On-the-go outfit, but a much better match. 

So the outfit includes a tank top, a skirt , leggings, headband, pair of shoes and a denim jacket. 


The tank top is in soft pink. The bust has 8 white daisies with little I think they're gold centres, I think they're made of plastic. The under bust has a line of ribbing and it goes all the way round. Velcro closure in the back. 

The skirt feels like velour and has a stretchy waist band that looks like a sweat band, stretchy is good so it didn't need a Velcro closure

Embroidered logo. 

Leggings in pale pink, these are fairly thin so I expect they are designed to be worn under the skirt rather than pants on their own. The headband is in light green, descriptions of the headband call the end bits 'adjustable tails'


I haven't worked out what that is supposed to mean. I, hmmmm

Flopeared rabbit

Side

?


The pants, do not have hems but rather the edges have been overlocked and the seams are almost like the inside out trend I remember from the 90s, it was brief. 


They look comfy. 

Slip on sneakers, low back, almost like mules, and some pretty chunky soles


And lastly an awesome denim jacket. 
Awesome because it has a working jacket zipper 

Two real pockets. 


You can see how deep it is on the inside there


I guess you can wear all the pieces at the same time, I've got the leggings in under the pants, not sure it'd fit the other way round. 


There are patches on the left side. I thought they might be like the grin pins that were an in thing at one time. The trail bike I got was dated 2002 and some came with that, for example. Or maybe denim jackets just inspire patches

I've noticed heavy metal enthusiasts think so at least. 

No comments:

Post a Comment