Sunday, June 12, 2016

140. Not what the website had.

Some extra funds came my way so I decided to buy a brand new doll directly off the AG website. I really liked #54 (CLD74). 

This is the doll that arrived. 


So is she

This doll as pictured on the website

Or this doll, the My American Girl version but wearing the lilac dress?




I'm certain she is the latter. I did email American Girl and they advised #54 is the Jess mold (the second stock photo).  The Ivy Ling mold has the variation with the eye sockets and if you zoom in on the dolls face currently on the AG website she has Ivy's eyes. I rang American Girl as well but I'm no longer clear what I was told, I know I was a little bit upset. I could send her back at my expense but I was not confident I would get the doll I thought I'd ordered and being 11,942 kilometers from the nearest store it's a bit difficult to go in and see for myself if #54 is available as per the advertised picture. 

Do You mean you don't want me ?
Oh, um, well I wouldn't say that, you're just not who I was expecting. Cadence was supposed to be coming. 
Cadence? But she's gone to Medowie in Australia, we were looking at our tickets together. 
Ah, this is Medowie Port Stephens Australia. 
What? I, no. I'm supposed to be in St Stephen, South Carolina.  What'll i do?
Let me find out okay. You wait there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment