Wednesday, June 15, 2016

135. A crochet challenge.

Winter inspires Tzeitel and I to crochet. If possible whilst sitting outside in the sun. 

Or inside near the heater with a large cup of tea. 

By luck a catalogue from one of our craft stores had been left on my desk at work and it contained a free project 
http://www.spotlightstores.com/projects#pure-wool-8ply-mandala-rug/

Black and white

(In colour with the human cut out). 

Wow. 

To make this, It requires as per instruction a 6mm crochet hook - I usually use a 2.5, which is too large for my dolls still but the hook I have feels right in my hand and I'm all for comfort. Probably because of this my hook size collection is small. 

I don't have a 6mm, but we were planning on making it doll-ish sized anyway. 
Next task picking colours... The pattern with its 6mm hook suggests 6 different colours bringing a total of 21 balls of wool !, um, we'll see how that goes, the cheapest I've seen is $2.50 a ball. I have a stash of assorted colours I pick up a couple a year, and maybe we'll try it with what we've got first. 

Into the bag....

And the drawer




No comments:

Post a Comment