Sunday, August 6, 2017

245. That customising bug again.

At the time of purchase I think I was unaware of the options of the rumored Create Your own AG line other than wigs. 
I think it was April that I set my eye to obtaining a medium skin toned classic mold doll.
As much as I like to buy directly from AG itself it takes a lot of Will power to save up for the initial cost, the shipping and the exchange rate (the latter two being unpredictable), then the ringing up and actually talking to a human and getting the time zone right (5 in the morning my times usually good) and the product numbers and I get nervous and sweaty and therefore eBay is such a more convenient market place for me. 
Anywho so I consulted eBay for said skin tone and my second attempt successfully saw the arrival of a preloved My American Girl #29. 

This is her current Truly Me version.  

She came with part of the Real Me meet outfit, picture and information courtesy of American Girl wiki, so presumed she was up to 7 years old. 

Available 2010-2012. 

This is, so far, DJ (Deeanna-Jayne) she has had a couple of name changes. 
Unfortunately her wig was really dry and I'm not really a fan of layered hair. I found with this one it didn't feel like there was much hair there. The other thing that was bothering me was that I didn't think she suited having her hair colour so closely matching her skin tone. 
So I went wig hunting on eBay. I'm not yet convinced of loving or liking rainbow coloured hair for my own personal doll collection, but I did want to give her new do something more than just one tone, certainly something with a darker base than her skin tone. 
There was one wig I was contemplating that had a "berry drizzle" through it but it's base colour was too light. 
The wig I had obtained for my Julie, Llewellyn, came from an ebay listing that included options for quite a few colours, so I ventured back there. I confess that the price was under $20 AUD with shipping and so if I didn't like it I hadn't spent my Nanea fund getting it.  








The cameras not picking up the colours but I like it. First glance it could be dark brown with brown and gold highlights. Second glance I think the highlights are purple and fluorescent yellow, and look at those curls, bet they won't last long. 
I'm off to find my glue. 

The Create Your Own is due out the next day or so. I'm not sure if it's available to us overseasians, I might have to move, or feel safe with an international address. I think Australia Post has something like that. I hope they will at least sell the outfits and accessories separate to a doll, but first priority will be Nanea. 


1 comment: