Saturday, November 5, 2016

195. Kitten's Caboodle

I thought I'd explain why I called Kit Kitten. I am aware Kit is the official AG doll's nickname, a  take on the dolls surname, Kittredge. Margaret Mildred Kittredge. Most of the dolls that come into my care are renamed from their box names. Josefina so far is the only exception, but I have mucked with her surname a bit (I add or name them after the place I got them from, or at least some place near by - otherwise there would be a lot more Middletons). My Kit came from Poteau in Oklahoma, so her surname is Poteau, and whilst contemplating a rename for some reason the Jane Fonda movie about Cat Ballou came into my head, and sorry no better explanation than that Kitten just seemed right. I checked the diary I keep about my dolls and there is no further depth to my insanity.

I really like Kit's classic meet outfit and that is why she was bought secondhand.



I then found myself coveting her collection and so it came to pass...






one swivel chair



one roll top desk











AG's shipping policies would not allow this set to be sent from them directly, to Australia, but I managed to find one on Ebay.

AG did however allow the following







































hehehe love these pajamas
and whats sleepwear if you have no where to use it?

I made a bed, Kits metal bed to me isn't wide enough, and I don't quite get the fold out double bed bit, so







Spotty approved.

Ive used a yellow pillow case for the mattress and pillow, and crocheted the blanket. The bed is made from MDF and pine, and painted green, with some stickers on the bed head - not quite floral.












Kits overalls and shirt came on AG #4 Zoe

The Kit wish list:
Reporter dress
Ruthie
Ruthies accessories (that watch)
Stirling
Tree house
et al 



No comments:

Post a Comment