Saturday, July 9, 2016

147. A wardrobe a shower or a front door.

Because my cat gets up too early and I leave home just before peak hour(s) traffic and we're not supposed to get in the work building before 7.30 I'm usually found at the 24/7 Kmart (Australia) just looking. Why I was in the bathroom section I'm not sure, cos I usually hang a right to check the toy department and bathroom is definitely a left and off you go, keep going, but I spotted this. 

$25, 53cm (AG are 46) tall, ooooh. 

Shuffling of flybuys points (2000 = $10) digging around in the bottom of ones purse and......

One came home, for research purposes of course. 

Bamboo cabinet (at least the door is anyway) with adjustable single shelf. Ideal for bathroom storage. Wall mounting. Maximum weight load 4kg (the item itself is 3kg so I don't know if it only rakes a further 1kg for it to be unsafe when mounted). Assembled size: 30cm x 18.5cm x 53cm. Assembly required. 

Flat pack! Yay I love assembling things. 

Looks like we need some screwy rabbit (hehe) drivers, and we're off...

Ooh, it has a magnetic closure. The hinging is actually two shelf supports, I think that's clever


Wow awesome front door. 

Step 2. 

Furniture screws with locking plug, or the official name "connector cam and bolt" make a nice exterior finish as they are hidden inside the panels. 

The top bottom and sides are about 1cm thick, coated in melamine. The rear wall slides into place during construction and is maybe 3mm thick. 
Make sure whilst doing step 2 the door is still in place. 

We have completion. 

Ta da. 

Um Catherine there's a few pieces left over. 

They're the shelf supports

And the screws for the wall mounting. 



Ooh. I know the perfect thing. 

My wool. 

Shut the door and it's all tidy. (Mostly). 

Ooh a bit snug this way

But it could be a shower

With a door, if you maybe cut some if the slats out. 

I think we have an awesome find. I can't think if any doll wardrobe cheaper, that is still available.  I'd think of hot gluing a pole to hang clothes. Ooh could have a shelf and a pole for short things like shirts and skirts.  
 If I got another I could use one with 2 shelves and another with the pole. I love the bamboo door and wouldn't that go great on a Lea Clark inspired structure? 
Yay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment