Sunday, September 11, 2016

170. Crochet challenge: swimwear

Summer is coming and whilst I would love to have a genuine American Girl swimsuit for each of my dolls, and I'm working on it, it is highly likely that it won't have happened in time (stop buying dolls might help). So, it might have been Karen Mom of Three's blog where I saw the first swimsuit crochet pattern, there was also a made one for sale on ebay, and it's still cool enough to be crocheting I decided my next crochet challenge was swimsuits. Who doesn't want a woolen swimsuit that'll probably stretch as soon as you hit the water and lead to all manner of embarrassing situations, lucky for them I won't be putting any of my dolls -intentionally at least (Mercedes still shivers over the ocean incident winter 2015) in the water. 
 
Free patterns...


I've tried this one so far

This ones actually made with crochet Cotton, it has less stretch than wool. 


The crotch is made as a separate piece and then sewn into the skirt, sorry Mariana...

If I do this pattern again I might try to work out how to make that part a little more like pants. 

A photo graph on ebay inspired me to try this one
 
I really like the webby skirt and midriff 



It's a little saggy at the back so I need to work on that. And being wool probably didn't help. 

And last but hopefully not the last one I try....


A slight merging of the two

This one has fuller briefs, and more molded to the body shape, the front dramatically stops, am thinking of making it less so. Might also make it with a skirt. And with crochet cotton. 

3 down maybe 15 to go!  Need to do a stocktake I think. Good news, I recall swimming at the beach one year until May. 


No comments:

Post a Comment