Sunday, May 8, 2016

118. May I introduce you to...



Romani Abigail Phoenix. 

Romani arrived April 26. She was a well loved Pleasnt Company Addy. (She's a little loose in the limbs and she has a shine mark on her cheek to the left of her nose and on her forehead over her left eye). She is beautiful. 

Romani has very long textured hair, it is very thick at the top of the head, and then in rows for the rest of her head. 


I do like the outfits for the historical American Girl Addy, but wanted this particular doll for a more modern makeover. 


So by the dim light of day and not much brighter light of bulbed night we've patiently had our hairdressing sessions, so last night we were able to take our first pics. 



I think I was thinking Alicia Keys and Michonne from The walking Dead.

I've come in late on the rubber band weaving craze, and scored a pack for $0.50




If you look you can see the cloth scalp/base of the wig, but I think there are enough plaits and colours and I'm thinking of beading some to distract you from it.

Romani's name came to me this morning, it just sounded right, I do google names sometimes for meanings and found that Romani is the correct term for the people often referred to as gypsies. Which may or may not now influence my girls interests. 
Abigail means a ladies maid or fathers joy, meh, or I think she's an evil baby from an album by King Diamond. None of that influenced my decision, the name just rolled out. 
Phoenix (awesome kind of bird) happened to be her place of origin (ie the eBay seller) and I try to include that in my naming process. 
So there you go. 

Welcome home. Now to work out where you can live. 

I haven't worked out Romani's dress she arrived in is mass produced or handmade. It has no labels. 
The outfit she is wearing is the 2009 Sparkly Plum Outfit, there are a pair of tights and a hair accessory that I have somewhere the go with this. I need to sort my dolls clothes. This one I got in a bundle with Llewellyn (secondhand Julie) back in 2014, and not really her style. 

No comments:

Post a Comment